A-1 Shredding places a high priority on recycling and sustainability. We’re firm believers in responsibly processing and discarding every sheet of paper entrusted to our care, and that goes hand-in-hand with our commitment to doing our part for the environment.
Recycling for Your Security
Recycling isn’t just great for the environment. It also provides an extra layer of security for your confidential documents and papers. When items are discarded into the public waste system, they’re sent to landfills, where they may wait unattended until they can be processed. They could also fall out of their waste bags en route and be picked up by an enterprising thief. Our recycling program is unique in that your papers will never have the opportunity to be lost or retrieved – ever.
When we directly drive the shredded paper particles for recycling, they remain under our care. At the recycling facility, the particles are washed, cleaned, and transformed into a pulp, removing any traces whatsoever of the information they used to contain. That pulp is then reformed into new paper products. Not only are you helping to reduce waste, but by choosing A-1 Shredding, you’re also making sure that your documents receive an additional layer of security alongside our industry-grade shredding program.
The environmental benefits of paper recycling are many. Paper recycling:
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that can contribute to climate change by avoiding methane emissions and reducing the energy required to manufacture a number of paper products.
- Extends the fiber supply and contributes to carbon sequestration.
- Saves considerable landfill space.
- Reduces energy and water consumption.
- Decreases the need for disposal (i.e., landfill or incineration which decreases the amount of CO2 produced).
Recycling 2000 lbs of Paper (1 Ton) Saves:
GALLONS OF OIL
CUBIC YARDS OF LANDFILL SPACE
GALLONS OF WATER